Friday, June 06, 2008

Procrastination. Rhymes with playstation, ramification, wash hand basin and mastur..

Yeah. I should really write a song on the art of doing nothing, or at least, putting your work off to a later date.

I mean, I spent a day writing a blog entry, only to decide it sounded border-line self-pitying, downbeat and unhappy. You ever noticed the way its difficult to sound cynical and happy at the same time?

I then spent another day acting out my own ad-libbed words to the famous Afroman song.

I was going to write three pages, but then I got high. I was going to get a first, but then I got high. I was going to read some pages about Denmark..
But then I got high, then I got high then I got hiiiiigh
LADADADADADADA

If you want to know the reason why I haven't done that much of the essay, I'll give you the question:

"Discuss the characteristics and scope of the so called 'Danish model'. Exemplify within topics of your own choice."

I was taught once, the best way to tackle an essay question is to start off by taking apart the key words and thinking about them.

Discuss - my immediate reaction is: No. Do I have to?

Characteristics - stop using big words.

Scope - Every time I hear this word, I think of SUSAT (Sight Unit Small Arms Trilocks), that's the thing on top of a rifle

Danish Model - Ever watched the Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies" and thought that blonde chick he was nailing at the start of the film was the hottest bond girl in the film? That's because she's a Danish model. Here's an example of what happens when you google image search Danish model:















And another:













Now by my exact calculations about one in seven Danish women look this good. I'd like to write an essay about beer and how it has affected people, but God damn..

Alright, next we have the phrase "Exemplify within topics of your own choice."

Well I have already picked breweries and beer and its effect on the Danish population. Which means, I have to scientifically and historically go deeper than:

The Danes like to drink beer. Danish beer tastes nice. I like Danish beer.

Now, I have read a lot and analyzed the situation from a philosophical and socio-political angle and I have come to a conclusion:

I don't give a shit.

I'd really like to say I don't belong in academia, but lets face it.. I was never a born laborer..

I've kept this one short and sweet. Like a good kiss. Aww.. sweetiee..

Sarcastically yours,

Conor

Song of the Day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czyfws7OLCs

No comments: