Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tuesday Tunes 26/01/2021

Since the very first moment I laid eyes on someone playing a Sega Mastersystem or Commodore 64, back when I was about 3, I was hooked on computer games.  Over the years I drifted in and out, up until my mid-20s where I decided barring the odd game of Chess, Magic the Gathering online, or Pokemon Showdown, I wasn't really going to touch them.  All of this changed a few months ago when my housemate and business partner brought his PS4 to the flat.  I told myself I wouldn't play, but before i knew it, I was once again hooked.  In part to stop himself playing and from my addiction to the spider-man game, he took his console home.  Forcing me to go off and dig out my old Nintendo Gamecube, purchasing a bunch of old games I used to own but lent to someone who may or may not have sold them or lost them.  Though they did replace it, I went on a bit of a spree snapping up the titles I used to know and love.  One of them, which I've now accidentally ended up with two copies is IO Interactive's Freedom Fighters.  A 3rd person shooter that allows you to recruit a ragtag bunch of rebels intent on stopping the Soviet Union from taking over New York.  Basically, a silly Red Dawn-esque plot.  Within a week, I had played through the game to completion not once, but twice, on different difficulty settings.  Though very buggy, with certain weapons dropping frame rate to a crawl at times, it was a lot of fun, killing the sometimes seemingly-endless amount of free time on my hands.  It has though, left me with a big appreciation for the Danish composer's soundtrack for this game and a few others.  Particularly when off walking or cycling around Belfast.  Recently I've been trying to get into photography and learn a few things, particularly as I have a pretty great camera.  Check out the tunes and the snaps.






  























No comments: